Go Turkey Sail
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form Go Turkey sail tours’ contract with Passenger(s). Go Turkey sail is a trademark of Okeanos Yachting Limited, a member of Association of Turkish Travel Agencies with Number 11914, having its Registered Office address at Cumhuriyet Avenue Çarşı Street Likya business centre no:01/311, Fethiye/Mugla/Turkey (hereinafter referred to as “the tour operator”). This is entitled ‘Go Turkey Sail booking terms and conditions’ sets out what you will expect from our services when you make a booking with us.
In these Booking Terms and Conditions, “you” refers to all passengers under the same booking reference number. And “we” refers to the Tour operator, namely Okeanos Yachting Limited
Terms and Conditions, together with all information provided on our website www.goturkeysail.com, covers the relationship, responsibilities and liabilities between all persons named on the booking forms of the tour operator, and are valid if you have read them or not. Hence, we highly recommend reading them carefully as they are entitled to protect both sides rights.
Booking Your Trip and Confirmation by The Tour Operator.
1. The tour operator confirms a booking only when a deposit or full payment has been received by the tour operator.
2. To confirm a booking, it is required to complete the booking form provided on our website. This must be done by the exact passenger or group leader who makes the booking on behalf of some other passengers. The group leader or other passengers must be at least 18 years old to be accepted as a passenger on our tours.
3. After we receive all necessary forms from your side, subject to availability and at the tour operator’s discretion, we will reserve your spot(s) on your chosen trip and send you an initial invoice for the deposit or full payment, with a due date for such payment. It is always passenger(s) responsibility, to check if your booking and trip information is accurate.
4. Once we have received all appropriate payments (see clause 5), we will, subject to availability, finalise your booking by issuing a confirmation invoice. This invoice will be sent to the lead passenger who might make the booking on behalf of some other passengers and should be read carefully as soon as it is received. Please contact us immediately if any information which you see on the confirmation or any other documents seems to be incorrect as it may not be possible to make changes later. We cannot accept any liability if you don’t inform us about any inaccuracy in any document within 10 days after we send it out. We will do our best to correct any mistake notified to us out of these time limits but you might come across any costs involved in doing so.
Deposits and Payments
5. In order to confirm your sailing trip, a deposit of 100 EUR per passenger (or full payment if the reservation is within 60 days of the date your trip is due to begin) must be paid at the time of reservation.
6. The balance of your payment must be received by us not less than 60 days prior to the date your trip with us is due to begin, which will be clearly shown on the confirmation invoice.
7. If all payments due are not paid in full and on time, our assumption will be that you want to cancel your booking. In such cases, we will be entitled to keep all deposits.
Changes and Cancellation by you
8. If you want to make any changes on your confirmed trip, the passenger has to notify in written form as early as possible. We will certainly try our best to help you with any such requests. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that we can fulfil any such written requests. If changes are possible, an amendment fee of 20 EUR per booked passenger will be payable with any other costs incurred by the tour operator. Changing the trip date may result in the recalculation of the trip price due to higher or lower season
9. Cancellation of a booking must be notified to us immediately, in written form, by the passenger(s). A booking will not be considered as cancelled unless written notification is received by us. Upon cancellation, the following charges will apply;
Over 60 days Deposit (100 EUR)
59-45 days 30%
45-31 days 50 %
30-15 days 70 %
14-0 days 100 %
10. When you attended trips partly there will be no refunds issued for any of the services purchased from us including pre/post accommodation reservations or any other services reserved but not used. You can claim these cancellation charges, under the terms of your own travel insurance policy. You can claim directly to your insurance company.
Changes and cancellation by us
11. We are committed to making every effort to run all trips as advertised on our web page. Nevertheless, we start planning our trips at really early stages and on occasion, changes and modifications can be made by us before or after your bookings have been confirmed and, on rare occasions, confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We always try our best to avoid any cancellations, but we reserve the right to cancel or do any alterations. We will notify you as soon as possible of any such changes.
12. Due to the nature of our sailing trips, it is not always possible for our gulets to call at all ports as planned or go in the route. This is one of the possibilities that may happen during sailing around Turkey because of the sea and weather conditions. and we have no control over this. Of course, we will attempt by concerning health and safety, to call at all scheduled ports but rarely we might ask you some flexibility minor changes may occur in our itineraries
13. The captains of all of the gulets are fully authorised and only authority to deviate from or change any particular itinerary where they believe it is necessary to do so in the interests of the health and safety of passengers.
14. We are rarely forced to make a “major change”. “Major changes” include the following:
(a) a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time you are away
(b) a significant change of itinerary which would result in missing out on one or more key destinations
Where a major change is made prior to departure, we will inform you as quickly as we can and you will have the choice of either: accepting another tour of equivalent or closely similar standard, or a choice of specified travel arrangements of a lower standard to those previously booked together with a refund of the price difference; or cancelling the tour and getting a full refund.
15. Tour operator accepts responsibility should the services it is contractually obliged to prove deficient or not of reasonable standards. This will not apply in circumstances amounting to Force Majeure and/or any illness, injury, death, loss (for example of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost, or sum which results from the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of the trip and which were unforeseeable and/or unavoidable.
16. Tour operator is responsible for boat insurance. According to Turkish Law, adequate personal Travel insurance is mandatory for all Passengers to cover at least but not limited to personal accident, death, medical and repatriation expenses, loss/theft/damage of luggage and cancellation or curtailment of a tour/cruise and should not exclude any planned adventure activities from the time of booking for the full duration of the tour/cruise as a minimum. Passengers and their personal belongings are the sole responsibility of them. They are fully responsible for arranging their own insurance. Okeanos Yachting shall not be liable for any cost or expense arising there. Okeanos shall not be liable for any refund, either partial or total of money paid.
In case of a breakdown of a gulet, OkeanosYachting has to resolve the problem by repairing the gulet or by replacing it by another gulet within 24 hours. After 24 hours if the problem continues Okeanos yachting accepts refunding passenger for each delayed days
Our Liability to You
17. The tours operated by Okeanos Yachting Limited under the brand of Go Turkey Sail have been designed to provide passengers with an exposure to the nature of the environment visited and therefore involve an element of risk and exposure to potential hazards. We do accept all bookings on the understanding that the passengers appreciate such risks and hazards and they undertake all tours at their own volition.
18. If you participate in an optional activity which is not included in our trip and also which is not operated by us, It is totally passengers responsibility for taking part in such activities and also that we are indemnified against any and all claims related to such activities.
19. All gulets used by us in Turkey are fully insured and have accident insurance for passengers. As such, you accept that for our gulet trips in Turkey any claims relating to accidents while on-board their vessels need to be addressed directly with the captains/owner(s) of the vessel, and we are indemnified against any and all claims related to such accidents incurred on such boats in Turkey.
20. Go Turkey Sail and its representatives are responsible for making all the passengers are acknowledged on potential hazards involved in Maritime holidays, particularly in consideration of cruising and staying on board an operating boat. And at the time of checking in, The passengers are supposed to sign a disclaimer. Swimming in the sea is at passenger's own risk and swimmers will not be supervised. Guests are not permitted to enter the saloon or go below deck with wet feet. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all indoor places on our boats.
Behaviour and Consideration of Others
21. Okeanos yachting reserves the right in its absolute discretion to terminate without notice the holiday arrangements of any passenger whose behaviour is such that it is likely in the opinion of Okeanos Yachting to cause distress, damage, the annoyance or danger to any third party. In the event of such termination, All final decisions onboard our Gulets are at the Captain’s discretion.
22. In the event of any dissatisfaction with the services provided by us, you must report it as soon as possible to our representatives so that we can do our best to take any action to remedy the problem. If a local representative is not available then you should email or call us on the contacts provided on the pre-departure documents.
23. Any complaint that you want to report after our trip and services finish should be made in written form within 14 days of completion of the trip. In the case that we are not notified by you in written form within 14 days, the tour operator’s ability to investigate the complaint is prejudiced and you may have been entitled to any right to claim any compensation may be affected or lost as a result.
Special requests and medical problems
24.Passanger(s) are responsible for informing the tour operator about their medical conditions. Passengers should tell their medical conditions to the tour operator before it confirms bookings so that the tour operator can assist passengers in considering the suitability of the arrangements and/or making the booking. It is passengers responsibility to inform the tour operator on their dietary requirements at the time of booking. In particular, the tour operator must be informed in advance of any and all food intolerances or allergies prior to embarkation. Please note that some products available in CANADA/US/UK/AUS/NZ/ may not be available in Turkey.
Where travel and health documents are necessary to comply with the requirements of Turkish law, then it is the passenger's responsibility to provide them. If failure to obtain such document results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalties being imposed upon tour operator then passengers shall reimburse tour operator accordingly. Passengers must ensure by consulting their own doctor if necessary of specific health precautions deemed prudent for the trip they intend to do and the appropriate medication/inoculations complied with. Passengers may be required to obtain permission from their Doctor to travel, or as a condition of their travel insurance disclose any existing medical conditions to their insurer.
Excursions and Optional Activities
25. During or before your trip you may be offered the chance to purchase various optional excursions and activities that we do not own, operate or control. Some of the optional activities and excursions, such as paragliding or scuba-diving are inherently risky. If you wish to take part in such optional activities or excursions it is totally your responsibility. Please note that these standards may not be the same as you would find in your home country, If you wish to book any optional excursion or activity, you may do so subject to the excursion operator’s terms and conditions. Okeanos yachting accepts no liability for any act or omission of any operator, its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
26. It is the passengers' responsibility to check and know about the passport, visa, health, and immigration requirements applicable to the itinerary.Canadian/ British/Australian/Us passport holders are required to purchase a visa prior to arrival in Turkey at a cost payable by credit card by visiting www.evisa.gov.tr. Once purchased the visa will last for 180 days with unlimited travel in and out of Turkey during this period however the maximum length of stay within Turkey is 90 days. In all cases, passport holders should have a minimum of 6 months validity on their passports.
27. It is the party leader’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party have all necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs for such documentation must be paid by you. we have no liability if you or any member of your party are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. In such cases, there will be no refund.
28. In order to process your booking, we will be asking certain personal details from you at the time of booking. These details will usually include the names of party members, and special requirements such as dietary or medical condition. We take full responsibility for ensuring that we protect your information. We do not keep credit card details nor do we share such customer details with any 3rd parties.
We may pass some information (names, passport numbers) to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements (hotels, transfer companies etc.) in order for them to prepare the arrangements for you. The information may also be provided to public authorities if required by law.
According to the Data Protection Act 1998, We may make contact with you by e-mail, or telephone for promotion purposes We will also use your information to inform you of our offers in the future. If you do not wish to receive email or phone calls in the future, please let us know as soon as possible by phone or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) If we do contact you by e-mail about our new brochures, updated website or special offers, you can also unsubscribe yourself from our webpage.
When the passenger submits the review form. They will become the sole property of Okeanos Yachting Limited. Okeanos Yachting Limited have the right to make it available to the public on www.goturkeysail.com and for any purpose and in any media (including for advertising or other commercial use).
29. This contract becomes effective between the tour operator and the passengers when a reservation is made by the passenger(s) and confirmation invoice is issued accordingly. The contract is governed by Turkish Law and both parties are agreed to submit to the jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts.